Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love these at Red Lobster, so this is the closest version I could come up with.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, approximately 35 to 40 (big enough to stuff!)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 2 cups oyster crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 slices white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté celery, onion, and pepper in butter for 2 minutes, transfer to a plate, and cool in the refrigerator.
- While vegetables cool, wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Set caps to the side and finely chop half of the stems.
- Discard the other half of the stems or use elsewhere.
- Combine the sautéed vegetables, chopped mushroom stems, and all other ingredients (except cheese slices) and mix well.
- Place mushroom caps in individual buttered casseroles or baking dishes (about 6 caps each).
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of stuffing into each mushroom.
- Cover with sliced cheese.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.
Excellent recipe enjoyed by all. There was a bit of stuffing left over so I just scattered it around the edges of the mushrooms looked great. Thanks Shawn C for a great brunch recipe (or for any other occasion)!