Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are so good and very easy to make. Great for a cocktail party (when made with the smaller mushrooms), as an appetizer, along side a steak, chicken or roast or as a meal itself with a tossed salad. I am sorry but I just don't know how much ovlive oil I use, just enough to dampen the breadcrumbs.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms or 4 large equivalent button mushrooms
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh parsley (Italian)
- 59.16 ml butter
- 2 large shallots, chopped fine
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped fine
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 236.59 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- olive oil
- Clean and stem mushrooms.
- In a small saucepan heat chicken stock over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cover, simmer 3 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove mushrooms and place top down, snuggly, in a low baking dish, set aside.
- Pour off half the stock from the saucepan and add the butter, parsley, shallots, garlic and white wine to the pot. Bring to boil.
- Meanwhile mix bread crumbs with olive oil until damp and fill the mushrooms with the mixture.
- Pour pot contents over the mushrooms, gently allowing the liquid to fall into the baking dish.
- Broil mushrooms 4 inches from heat for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer to serving plate pouring over any juices that collected in the baking dish.