Recipe by spammy
my brother first made this recipe using shortcrust pastry as the base instead of mushrooms,but i prefer this version. makes an excellant starter
- 2 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- cherry tomatoes (3/4 per mushroom)
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 slice bread
- goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- roughly chop bread into small squares & lightly toast.
- remove stalk from mushrooms & place on to greased baking tray.
- slice onion & gently fry.
- when onion has softened,add half a cup of balsamic vinegar to the pan,then add cherry tomatoes.
- wait for tomatoes to soften & their skin to blister then add bread squares to soak up the juice.
- fill mushrooms with the mixture, top with goats cheese & cook in the top part of the oven for about 10mins on a medium to high heat.