I used Swiss cheese when I came up with this recipe but I bet it would be great with pepper jack too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cream cheese and green chilies until smooth, set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 400.
- 3Lightly sprinkle cayenne pepper onto chicken breasts and place on a hot grill. Flip after 4 minutes and continue to cook until done, about 4 more minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet until hot.
- 5Cut jalapenos in half and remove seeds.
- 6Place jalapenos skin side down into hot skillet and cover until skin blisters and peppers have softened slightly, about 4 minutes.
- 7Remove from skillet and slice each half lengthwise into about 6 strips.
- 8Place chicken breasts onto cookie sheet (I line with Reynolds Release).
- 9Spread cream cheese mixture onto each breast.
- 10Press the equivalent of 1/2 pepper into cream cheese, sprinkle with shredded Swiss.
- 11Place into oven until cheese has melted, 3-5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Jalapeno Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.5
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 126.9 mg
- Sodium 549.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 32.4 g