Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used Swiss cheese when I came up with this recipe but I bet it would be great with pepper jack too!
- Combine cream cheese and green chilies until smooth, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly sprinkle cayenne pepper onto chicken breasts and place on a hot grill. Flip after 4 minutes and continue to cook until done, about 4 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet until hot.
- Cut jalapenos in half and remove seeds.
- Place jalapenos skin side down into hot skillet and cover until skin blisters and peppers have softened slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and slice each half lengthwise into about 6 strips.
- Place chicken breasts onto cookie sheet (I line with Reynolds Release).
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto each breast.
- Press the equivalent of 1/2 pepper into cream cheese, sprinkle with shredded Swiss.
- Place into oven until cheese has melted, 3-5 minutes.