Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used Swiss cheese when I came up with this recipe but I bet it would be great with pepper jack too!
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 113.39 g diced green chilies, canned
- 3 large jalapenos
- 2.46 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 113.39 g swiss cheese, shredded
- Combine cream cheese and green chilies until smooth, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly sprinkle cayenne pepper onto chicken breasts and place on a hot grill. Flip after 4 minutes and continue to cook until done, about 4 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet until hot.
- Cut jalapenos in half and remove seeds.
- Place jalapenos skin side down into hot skillet and cover until skin blisters and peppers have softened slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and slice each half lengthwise into about 6 strips.
- Place chicken breasts onto cookie sheet (I line with Reynolds Release).
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto each breast.
- Press the equivalent of 1/2 pepper into cream cheese, sprinkle with shredded Swiss.
- Place into oven until cheese has melted, 3-5 minutes.