Recipe by mermaidmagic
This is from "365 Foods Kids Love to Eat" by Sheila Ellison and Judith Gray. It was reprinted in a magazine and I thought it sounded like something the kids would enjoy. It recommends serving the french toast topped with apricot or peach preserves. I really have no clue on the prep and cook times.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 loaf soft French bread
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the cream cheese, vanilla and honey until creamy.
- Stir in pecans, if using.
- Cut the bread into one and a half inch thick slices.
- Cut a slit in each slice, creating a pocket.
- Fill each pocket with one to two tablespoons of the cheese mixture.
- Mix the eggs and milk together in a small bowl.
- Dip the bread in the egg and milk mixture and then fry on both sides.
- Serve warm.