Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The cream of celery soup gives the rice a great flavor.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 Cornish hens, 1 to 1 1/2 pound each
- salt and pepper
- melted butter
- Sauté onion and rice in 2 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes or until onion is transparent and rice is golden. Add juice, soup, parsley, bouillon and water. Bring to boil; cover and reduce heat to medium low and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove giblets from hens and rinse hens with cold water, pat dry. Sprinkle the cavities lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stuff hens with rice mix, close cavities and secure with wooden picks. Place hens, breast side up, in a shallow pan.
- Brush hens with butter.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 1 hour, baste frequently.