Recipe by l0ve2c00k
This is one of grandma's recipes. It has some calories but is worth the 2 hour workout after eating them! Dip them in mayo-ketchup sauce seasoned with s&p.
Top Review by bshemyshua
I had a bag of cornflour that I had purchased to use in a chili recipe and I have been looking for other recipes to use it in when I came across this. Good, hot and filling. All the earmarks of a comfort food. Definetely a "grandma" type recipe. And a keeper for my recipe box. Thanks for sharing. If you have any more of your grandma's recipes, please share them. This is so good.
- 3 cups cornflour
- 5 -7 slices American cheese or 5 -7 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of boiling milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or to taste)
- canola oil (to preference)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 4 tablespoons sofrito sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- adobo seasoning (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl mix flour and milk until flour appers to be thick but smooth. You might need more or less milk, depending on the texture yo prefer.
- Flour/milk mix needs to be thick enough so that you can stuff with meat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- For meat:.
- In hot pan, add sofito and tomato sauce. Add meat and season to taste with adobo.
- Using your hand or a fkat surface, use sufficient amount of mixture to cover the palm of your hand.
- Add about 3tbs of ground beaf.
- Add another layer of flour mixture.
- Fry with canola oil, on medium heat, for 10-15minutes.