Recipe by CATHY SCHOENSTEIN
New Jersey Bay stuffed clams, we live on the coast in Jersey where there is an abundance of fresh seafood. I like to try new recipes and have a lot of fun inventing my own.
Top Review by JIM3
My family went totally nuts after eating these stuffed clams, all I heard was can I have more please!! The recipe was easy, and they turned out moist, tender, and delicious. My family and I thank you Recipezaar.
- 20 fresh clams (, I PREFER CHERRYSTONE SIZE)
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Open clams, making sure to save any juice and half the clam shells.
- Chop the clams by hand or use the food processor; set aside.
- Dice the bacon and cook until done.
- When cool, add to the clams.
- Dice the vegetables and add to the clams.
- Add seasonings.
- Add the bread crumbs 1/2 cup at a time, until it resembles stuffing.
- If the mixture seems too dry, add the reserved clam juice.
- Spoon mixture into clam shells and bake for 15 or 20 minutes (when peppers are tender, the clams are done).