Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
New Jersey Bay stuffed clams, we live on the coast in Jersey where there is an abundance of fresh seafood. I like to try new recipes and have a lot of fun inventing my own.
- 20 fresh clams (, I PREFER CHERRYSTONE SIZE)
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Open clams, making sure to save any juice and half the clam shells.
- Chop the clams by hand or use the food processor; set aside.
- Dice the bacon and cook until done.
- When cool, add to the clams.
- Dice the vegetables and add to the clams.
- Add seasonings.
- Add the bread crumbs 1/2 cup at a time, until it resembles stuffing.
- If the mixture seems too dry, add the reserved clam juice.
- Spoon mixture into clam shells and bake for 15 or 20 minutes (when peppers are tender, the clams are done).
My family went totally nuts after eating these stuffed clams, all I heard was can I have more please!! The recipe was easy, and they turned out moist, tender, and delicious. My family and I thank you Recipezaar.
These were totally awesome!! They were very simple to make, had a great texture and disappeared so fast that I made a double batch and hid them in the freezer (Just for me)the second time. Norellaura
Absolutely fabulous. Thanks!