- Ready In:
- 24 cherrystone clams, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup fresh bread, crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place clams in a large pot with water. Cover and cook over high heat until clams open, about 10 minutes. Remove from shells, there should be about 1 cup of clams. Reserve 24 shells for stuffing (you may not need all 24).
- Process clams briefly in a food processor. Do not overprocess or the clams will become liquid. You could also finely chop the clams by hand.
- Combine clams, butter, shallots, garlic, parsley, basil, bread crumbs, 6 tablespoons cheese, wine, prosciutto, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Stuff shells with mixture and smooth top. Sprinkle remaining parmesan over top of clams and arrange them in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Run clams under broiler briefly for a final glaze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>