Recipe by Kikimony
OH SO GOOD with a unique taste! If you like vegetable soup then this is similar, but with a little bit of sweet taste.
Top Review by Rugman7
If you're a stuffed cabbage lover, then don't miss this recipe. No need to spend hours cooking the cabbage, rolling the cabbage rolls and messing up the kitchen. This is the closest thing to the real thing with no fuss, no mess, Just the "GREATEST" Try it, You'll love it.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb stew meat
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in 6 qt.
- pot over medium heat.
- Add beef, saute until browned.
- Add coleslaw mix and onion.
- Cook covered 4 minutes, stirring after 2.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, water, brown sugar.
- lemon juice and salt.
- Bring to boil.
- Add rice, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, covered, 45 minutes or until beef and rice are tender.