1 hr 15 mins
Phil Smith's Note:
A great Polish meal - this is my Moms she likes to cook it on the stove I like it cooked in the oven. This should make around 16 golabki's
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl add mix Chop Meat, Egg, and Salt and Pepper then add the Rice.
- 2Add one can of Tomato soup to chop meat mixture, mix well.
- 3Set mixture until ready to stuff the cabbage leaves.
- 4To prepare the Cabbage leaves Boil water in a pot big enough to hold a head of cabbage.
- 5Then cut out the core of the cabbage and place the head of cabbage in the hot water then wait 2-3 minutes take out cabbage and start removing the outer leaves set them aside.
- 6Repeat until all leaves are removed.
- 7Starting with the larger leaves place around 1/3 cup of the filler mixture in center of leave.
- 8Fold leave in half- Tuck in the left and right side of leave and then roll the rest of the way.
- 9Repeat until leaves or mixture is finished (as the leaves get smaller use less filler).
- 10If you cook on top of stove method- Line bottom of pot with any leftover un-stuffed leaves to prevent burning of stuffed cabbage.
- 11Then line pot with a row of stuffed cabbage and add some tomato soup.
- 12Repeat until you placed all stuffed cabbage in the pot.
- 13Cook on a simmer for around 1 ½ hour.
- 14If you use the Oven or a Roasting Oven Pre-heat oven to 375 in a baking dish line stuffed cabbage in rows then add tomato soup for each row Cook for 1 hour with a lid then remove lid and cook ½ hour more (except dont remove lid in the roasting oven).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (Golabki)
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 1622.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: