Recipe by Peggy Lynn
These yummy burgers were found in the May 2004 issue of Southern Living.....They recommend serving with seasoned steak fries. Enjoy.
Top Review by KristenMisten
I made these for my family last night and they were a BIG hit. We forgot to use the secret sauce, but they were awesome with the usual ketchup, mustard, lettuce, pickle and tomato.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) canchopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- 6 slices monterey jack pepper cheese (1 ounce each)
- 6 onion rolls, split and toasted
- shredded lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
Tex Mex Secret Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first six ingredients.
- Shape mixture into 12 four inch patties.
- Fold cheese slices into quarters.
- Place cheese on each of six patties.
- Top with remaining six patties, pressing to seal edges.
- Grill, with lid on, for four to five minutes over medium high heat on each side or until done.
- For the Tex Mex Secret Sauce.
- Combine Sour Cream, Ketchup, Green Chilies and Fresh Cilantro and chill until ready to use.
- Serve burgers on Onion rolls with the Secret Sauce and toppings--.