1/1 Photo of Strawberry Tiramisu (For Those in Greece)
Perfectionist cook's Note:
This is my summer variation on a wonderful Tiramisu recipe I was given by my Aunt Lola. This is not just for Greek residents but also for those from other European countries who can't find or afford genuine ingredients. This still makes a fabulous dessert without genuine Italian cream cheese or any eggs. Try it and see!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g cream cheese
- 200 ml cream (full-fat)
- 1 (400 g) vegetal cream (I used Morfat)
- 1 (400 g) condensed milk
- 1/2 cup icing sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 (200 g) packets ladyfinger biscuits
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups water
- 500 g strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (thawed) (optional)
- cocoa powder, for dusting the top
- 1Beat cream cheese, vegetal cream, dairy cream, condensed milk, icing sugar and vanilla essence in a mixer until smooth and thickened.
- 2Boil 1 cup of water and pour into a shallow dish adding espresso coffee and sugar. Stir until it dissolves and then add the remaining cup of water.
- 3Meanwhile hull and slice strawberries and and pour orange liqueur over them and toss lightly. (You can add defrosted raspberries here too at this point.).
- 4Dip each ladyfinger biscuit into the coffee but only halfway as the coffee mix is still warm and they will get soggy quickly. Make sure you dip the smooth side.
- 5Place in a long rectangular dish that fits the width of two biscuits.
- 6Layer biscuits dipped in coffee, then add half the strawberries scattered over the biscuits including half of the liqueur.
- 7Pour half of the cream over the top and smooth gently.
- 8Add another layer of coffee dipped ladyfingers and the rest of the strawberries.
- 9Finally add the remaining cream and smooth the top.
- 10Dust with pure cocoa powder and allow the dessert to sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Tiramisu (For Those in Greece)
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.4
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 201.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: