Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Better make two pans of this, when you taste this you will know why ;-) Plan ahead this needs to chill a minimum of 4 hours or up to 24 hours before serving. Three cups whipped cream may be used in place of the Cool whip, if you are preparing this 24 hours in advance I would suggest to use the Cool Whip it will hold up better with the refrigeration time.
Top Review by gailanng
I've come to the conclusion that the orifice in the lower, middle part of my face that's been there my entire life and that's not only used for communication, but for consumption of nourishment has a mind of its own. It couldn't get enough.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (or use Neufchatel cheese, or one 8-ounce package of each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar (can use 1 cup)
- 1 (8 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed (or use 3 cups sweetened whipped cream)
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 pints fresh strawberries (stemmed and sliced, about 18 ounces total)
- 24 ladyfingers (split is half)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare an 8 x 8-inch glass pan.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and well blended.
- Gradually fold in the thawed Cool Whip (or 3 cups whipped cream if using) until completely blended.
- In a small bowl combine coffee and coffee-flavored liqueur (if using).
- Line the pan with enough ladyfinger halves to cover the bottom (place rounded sides down) if necessary cut ladyfingers to fit the dish.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the coffee mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture (about 1 cup) then spread out evenly.
- Layer 1/3 of the slices strawberries over the cheese.
- Repeat two more times ending with the cheese mixture (reserve the remaining strawberries to place on top before serving, place berries into a bowl, cover and refrigerate).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the tiramisu for a minimum of 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- BEFORE SERVING; remove the plastic wrap, then sift the cocoa powder over the top, then arrange the reserved strawberry slices over the cocoa.
- Serve immediately.