Yummy and easy, strawberry cheesecake! The creamy texture of the cheesecake and the delicious streusel topping makes this a great recipe! It's very easy to prepare, it's just hard to wait on it to cool to take a bite! ** Recipe was from paper from Martha White. I couldn't find plain strawberry muffin mix, so I used strawberry cheesecake muffin mix and it was yummy!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 (396.89 g) packagemartha white strawberry muffin mix (can use Strawberry Cheesecake Muffin mix too)
- 88.74 ml butter, cold
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 595.33 g can strawberry pie filling
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F; spray bottom and sides of 10 to 11 inch springform pan with no stick cooking spray.
- Combine muffin mix and butter in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1-1/3 cup of crumb mixture. Place in refrigerator.
- Press remaining crumbs in bottom and partially up sides of prepared pan. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until creamy and smooth.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked crust. Spread gently.
- Spoon pie filling evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and walnuts on top of pie filling.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes longer, or until golden brown on cookie sheet.
- Cool about 30 minutes.
- Chill 2 hours or overnight (this is the hard part, waiting -- but worth it!).
- Remove sides of pan and place on serving plate to serve! YUMMY!