1/2 Photos of Strawberry Sorbet
bluemoon downunder's Note:
I have not made this recipe - alas, I do not own a Gelateria! - but just reading the simple combination of flavours, this sorbet sounds just SO delicious. A strawberry sorbet which combines the sweetness of strawberries with the tartness of limes. If you really are a diehard sweet tooth, use orange juice instead of lime juice, or a blend of orange and lime. This is a Sunbeam recipe, and you need a Sunbeam Gelateria - or a similar appliance - to complete the final step of the recipe. The 'cooking time' listed below is the time taken by the Gelateria to turn the mixture into sorbet. NOTE added July 2008: It's great to see that Zaar chefs have successfully made this recipe without Sunbeam's efforts to tell them that they needed a Sunbeam Gelateria to make it! Well done! When summer comes next, I shall certainly be trying it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the water and sugar in a small pan over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute.
- 2Remove from the heat and allow to cool at room temperature before refrigerating for a few hours or until cold.
- 3Wash and hull the strawberries, place the strawberries in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- 4Push the pureed strawberries through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- 6Combine the sugar syrup, berries and lime juice and stir to combine.
- 7Add the mixture to a Sunbeam Gelateria and follow the instructions provided by Sunbeam.
- 8The sorbet will be ready in 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g