Recipe by eline.kleinjan
I really like this recipe, it is sweet but not to sweet. I got the recipe from the cookbook Mostly Muffins by Jean Paré.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup of whole weat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup of chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of chopped frech rhubarb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure the first 5 ingredients into a large bowl. Stir. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine the next 3 ingredients into a medium bowl. Add it to the well.
- Add strawberries and rhubarb. Stir until just moistened. Fill 12 greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- TOPPING: Combine cinnamon and brown sugar in smaal cup. Sprinkle on batter. Bake in 375 F (190 C) oven for 18 to 20 minutes until wooden pick insereted in centre of muffin comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.