Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of my father's favorite desserts. My mom was a great strawberry-rhubarb pie-maker and this reminds him of her!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh rhubarb, washed, trimmed, with all leaves removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, and nutmeg in medium bowl. Pulse flour mixture and butter together in the bowl of a food processor just until mixture holds together. Add chopped cuts and pulse 3-4 more times.
- Toss rhubarb pieces and strawberries together with 3 tablespoons flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Spoon into buttered 2 quart shallow baking dish and sprinkle with flour and brown sugar mixture.
- Bake until brown and bubbling around edges, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.