This is a recipe I'd like to try when fresh rhubarb and strawberries are in season. Recipe is from Taste of Home. This needs to refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped and divided
- additional brown sugar (optional)
- In small bowl, combine the flour, pecans, butter and sugar.
- Press into a greased 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in rhubarb until combined.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thick.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Stir in strawberries.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped cream.
- Spread over crust; top with rhubarb mixture.
- Spread with remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with additional brown sugar if desired.