Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A slightly lighter version of a delicious classic!
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pretzel
- 3⁄4 cup crushed graham cracker
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, divided evenly
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 cup lite Cool Whip
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1 (8 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- Mix the pretzel and graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of splenda and the margarine.
- Firmly press into the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese, remaining splenda, and milk until smooth. Stir in the cool whip and spread over the crumb crust. Put in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, until set.
- Stir the boiling water into the jello mix until dissolved. Stir in the cold water. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spoon over the cream cheese layer and refrigerate an hour or so, until completely set.
I was so glad to see a lighter version of this salad posted! This was light and refreshing, and great for a weeknight dessert. I added up all the calories and came with half the amount shown...if I were to make 20 servings, but I made only 16. :) Thanks for posting!