Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a really good recipe for strawberry mini loaves, you can also use blueberries in place of strawberries or I have even made this using frozen cranberries, if desired throw in some grated coconut. They bake out very high and they are so moist. I have even sprinkled streusel lightly on top before baking.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 158.51 ml sugar (or more if for a sweeter bread)
- 2 eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract or 7.39 ml almond extract
- 236.59 ml applesauce
- 29.58 ml half-and-half cream
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml cinnamon (optional)
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 118.29 ml walnuts
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease 3 mini loaf pans (you might have to use a fourth pan, depending on how large or small you chop the strawberries, and how many ingredients you are using in the batter).
- In a bowl mix butter with sugar for about 4 minutes until light and creamy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat well until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine/whisk the applesauce and half and half; add into the creamed mixture until well combined.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add into the creamed mixture JUST until blended in (do not over mix!).
- Stir in the chopped or sliced strawberries and walnuts.
- Divide evenly between the mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until loaves test done.
Great stuff! Loved it, will make again! I used milk instead of cream too.
Outstanding. Mine fit in 4 3.5" x 5" mini-loaf pans. Perfect and moist. I ended up using whole milk instead of heavey cream and it still worked great. I posted my picture!
this recipe has great flavor and was very easy to make. I made it exactly as it says and it made 8 mini loaves. I will be making this again,