My husband's grandmother served us this pie many years ago and we loved it. It has become a family favorite. It can be made with sugar-free jello and pudding if you prefer. It's a nice, light summer treat.
- Place strawberries in the pie shell.
- Set aside.
- Mix jello and pudding with water.
- Heat to a full boil, then remove from heat.
- Pour over berries and chill.
- Top with 1 T.
- Cool Whip, if desired.
Awesome ... everyone LOVED IT!!! Also, came out perfect!!!
Easy to make and a hit at our July 4th Cookout.
A few notes.
- The recipe made too much for the pie shell. I used 3/4 of the strawberries and jello filling.
- It fell part and was difficult to get out of the pie shell. Kind of messy.
Thanks for posting.
Wow! This recipe should be framed and consulted over and over. It's super easy and refreshing. I made this recipe using fresh raspberries, sugar free graham crust, sugar free raspberry gelatin, sugar free vanilla pudding, and sugar free Cool-Whip. Completely sugar free other than the sugar in the fruit. And DELICIOUS! I can't wait to try it with strawberries!! I wonder how this would be with orange gelatin and mandarin oranges?! Mmmm.