1/2 Photos of Strawberry Jam Cake With Fresh Berry Frosting
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 4 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
Fresh Berry Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; spray three 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- 2In a large bowl, beat butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy.
- 3Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder; sift.
- 5Gradually add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- 6In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 7Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 8Gently fold into batter.
- 9Spoon batter into prepared pans, and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 10Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- 11Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- 12While cake is cooling, make frosting-in a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and strawberry extract at medium speed with a mixer until creamy.
- 13Add strawberries, beating until combined.
- 14Gradually beat in powdered sugar until combined.
- 15Spread strawberry jam between layers; spread frosting on top and sides of cake.
- 16Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
- 17Store cake, covered, in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Jam Cake With Fresh Berry Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 921.1
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 458.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 101.7 g
- Protein 7.5 g