Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Donna. This recipe is easy and everyone seems to like it. You can substitute any flavor jam or preserves for the strawberry called for in the recipe. Feel free to experiment with your favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup butter margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup finely crushed corn flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberry jam or 1 1⁄2 cups strawberry preserves
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Gradually add dry cake mix and corn flakes.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of dough for topping.
- Press remaining dough in a greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Carefully spread jam over crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved dough and gently press down.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
These were awesome! I tried them with lemon whipped cream, delicious!
I loved this. I tried them with orange marmalade and served them with whipped cream.