Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Almost sure this comes from Taste of Home, I just had it jotted on a piece of paper. Posting as a request. Time to make was just a guess as I didn't have that written down. For cooking time I put one day as this has to be refrigerated overnight.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- fresh strawberries (optional)
- mint (optional)
- In small bowl combine cracker crumbs& butter, set aside 1 tbsp.
- for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 325 for 10-14 mins.
- or until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- In a bowl dissolve jello in boiling water, stir in strawberries& lemon juice.
- Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 1/2 hrs.
- In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla& salt until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread half over cooled crust.
- Cover& refrigerate remaining cream mixture.
- Pour jello mixture over filling, refrigerate until firm.
- Top with remaining cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries& mint if desired.