Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This beautiful, delicious and healthy dish is great served as an appetizer or with grilled fish. This is definitely a dish that you eat with your eyes first…
- 2 pickling cucumbers
- 12 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 3⁄4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- Peel the cucumbers and slice thinly.
- Hull the strawberries and slice thinly (save one strawberry).
- Arrange the cumber and strawberry slices on a round, shallow serving plate.
- Do an outer circle of cumbers.
- Do a slightly over lapping inner circle of strawberries.
- Continue making inner circles.
- Finish with the saved strawberry, sliced in half, served on top in the center.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with vinegar.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Chill for one hour.
- Just before serving, garnish with chopped mint.
I tried this salad at a McCormick and Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in Indy... absolutely delicious and so easy to make at home!!