1/6 Photos of Strawberry Crepes
This is elegant, light and very tasty. Most of all quick and easy to make. Great for breakfast or dessert. I brought it in separate containers to a book club potluck tea. Everyone assembled their own and loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g strawberries (black berries, blue berries, raspberries and strawberries) or 453.59 g berries, a mixture of wild (black berries, blue berries, raspberries and strawberries)
- 29.58 ml brown sugar, packed
- 473.18 ml whipping cream or 473.18 ml Cool Whip
- 236.59 ml flour, used unbleached
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml oil, not olive
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 354.88 ml milk
- cooking spray (pam)
- chocolate syrup (optional) or chocolate shavings (optional)
- almonds, sliced toasted (optional)
- 2Hull, rinse and slice strawberries into a bowl.
- 3Add brown sugar and toss until well coated; set aside.
- 4In a separate bowl whip whipping cream and refrigerate.
- 6In a medium bowl whisk all ingredients together until there are no more lumps.
- 7Over medium heat, heat crepe pan or non-stick frying pan.
- 8When heated remove from heat and spray with cooking oil.
- 9Pour a 1/3 cup of the batter in the pan. Quickly lift pan and tilt and turn until batter evenly covers the bottom.
- 10Cook over medium heat for 30 - 45 seconds until the edges are dry enough to get a spatula under to flip.
- 11Cook for another 30 seconds on the other side.
- 12Should not be totally browned.
- 13Remove from pan onto a plate.
- 14Spray pan with cooking spray and repeat for the rest of the batter.
- 15Stack crepes with wax paper between so they can be easily separated.
- 16Crepes can be made ahead of time.
- 17Can also be frozen wrap first in wax paper then put into plastic bag and then foil.
- 18They stay moist if this is done when still slightly warm.
- 20Down the middle 1/3 of the crepe spread one or 2 heaping spoons of whipped cream (about 2-3" wide).
- 21On top of the whipped cream spoon some of the berry sugar mixture.
- 22Fold one side of the crepe over the mixture and then the other side over first side.
- 23Top with a spoon of berry sugar mixture, whipped cream. Drizzle chocolate syrup or sprinkle shaved chocolate and sliced almond optional.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.1
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 140.7 mg
- Sodium 110.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g