Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This cake is so moist and delicious --- I strongly suggest fresh strawberries for this cake
Top Review by Daisy D Petals
Great recipe and delicious! I didn't have 2 9" cake pans available so I used a bundt pan instead and baked it for 40 minutes at 350. Still came out perfectly moist and delicious. I made the frosting as directed, but it turned out to be about double what I needed in my case.
- 517.37 g box white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 78.07 ml oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 354.88 ml sweetened strawberries, pureed
- 340.19 g cream cheese, softened and divided
- 226.79 g white chocolate baking squares
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream, unwhipped
- 226.79 g containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- sliced fresh strawberries (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake the cake according to the package directions, except substitute the 1-1/2 cups of pureed strawberries for the water, and add 1 extra egg (if the cake mix calls for 2 eggs, add 3 eggs) and mix in the 8 ounces of softened cream cheese (set aside the remaining 4 ounces of cream cheese for topping) beat until well combined.
- Pour/divide into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown (a toothpick inserted in the middle will NOT come out clean as this cake is SO moist).
- Let cool fully before frosting.
- For the frosting; heat the whipping cream until JUST beginning to boil.
- Pour it over the white baking chocolate (chopped), and add the remaining 4 ounces of cream cheese; mix well, and let cool completely.
- Once cool gently fold into the Cool Whip thawed topping.
- Frost the cake, and garnish with sliced fresh strawberries.