Delicious Honey and Hoisin Pork Ribs
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 5 lbs pork side ribs (cut into 3-4 ribs)
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh finely minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or use 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar (or use white vinegar, white wine is better!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or use black pepper to taste)
- One day ahead: boil ribs in a large pot of salted water for about 30 minutes; drain well and cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl whisk together, honey, soy sauce, garlic, Dijon, white wine vinegar and cayenne or black pepper.
- Coat the cooled ribs completely with the mixture.
- Cover and marinate for a minimum of 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- The following day: remove the ribs from the marinade and arrange them on a foil-lined broiler pan (you might have to use two pans depending on the amount of ribs you are using).
- Set oven to broiler heat (oven rack 4 inches from heat).
- Baste the top side of the ribs with marinade, and broil for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the ribs over with tongs, baste with marinade and broil for another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn again if needed, basting with marinade until they are browned and well glazed (discard any leftover marinade).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!