Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for the strawberry swap.
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 quart strawberry
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pineapple juice
- whipped cream
- Prepare pie shell. Cool completely. In small bowl, blend cream cheese and cream. Add sugar. Spread mix in the baked shell. Chill 30 minutes.
- Slice half of the strawberries using the largest berries. Set aside. Put remaining strawberries in mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Stir in sugar, let stand for 10 minutes. Blend berries in processor until pureed. Stir in cornstarch, add sufficient pineapple juice to total 1 1/2 cups. Pour into saucepan: cook over low heat until thickened and clear. Cool.
- Pour half of strawberry mixture over the cheese in pie shell, top with sliced strawberries. Pour remaining strawberry mixture over the sliced strawberries.
- Just before serving, top with whipped cream.