Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Layers of of graham crackers, mascarpone cheese, and fresh strawberries topped with jello and whipped cream. This no bake dessert looks as good as it tastes. Created for RSC #12.
- 1 cup graham cracker, finely crushed
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam (no sugar added)
- 1 lb strawberry, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups whipped cream (sweetened)
- Spread graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of an 8" round trifle.
- dish or glass bowl.
- In another bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and jam.
- Gently spread cheese mixture on top of graham cracker layer (it will be a thin layer).
- Mix strawberries with 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Spread strawberries on top of cheese layer.
- Pour jello mix and water in a small saucepan, heat to a full boil (stirring as needed).
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour jello over the strawberry layer (I put a metal spoon in the bowl just to make sure it wasn't too hot for the glass).
- Refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Top with whipped cream.
this was good - not sure if I'd spend the money on the mascarpone cheese for this again - probably sub in cream cheese instead, I have a feeling it would taste just as good. I also used frozen strawberries instead of fresh...and chocolate graham cracker for the bottom layer. great combo :-)
This is really good. I used frozen strawberries. Everything else was just as stated. I don't have a trifle dish went to buy one but couldn't find one anywhere in town. So I used a deep glass bowl. The only thing I didn't like is that when i pour in the jello it made the graham cracker crust soggy around the edges. Other than that it was very good. I will make again but in a trifle dish in hopes that there will be nothing soggy. Thanks for posting. I made this for Hidden Gem.