Recipe by Sunshynetoo
Sinfully rich! From "A Year of Good Taste". They are pretty as well as rich! We served these at my daughter's wedding.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yummy little treats! I made a half-recipe using a 9-inch square baking dish and baked 25 minutes. Used reduced-fat cream cheese and all fruit strawberry fruit spread. So easy to whip up but would look lovely on a nice cookie tray with the pretty pink crust. Perfect for a baby shower or Valentine's Day. The cream cheese layer is almost the same thickness as the base, I am afraid the previous reviewer made an error somewhere. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package strawberry cake mix with pudding (I like Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Strawberry Supreme)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (I toast for about 7 minutes at 325)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam (I like the seedless)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix and pecans.
- Drizzle melted butter over mixture; stir until well blended.
- Press mixture into bottom of a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust.
- “Nuke” jam for about 45 seconds until thinned.
- Spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- Use a fork to swirl over cream cheese.
- I bake for 25 minutes or until edges begin to brown lightly.
- Do not over-bake or your crust will become a rock.
- Cool in pan for about 30 minutes.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
- Personal note- When I want them to look fancy, I trim about ½ inch off all sides although the crust is my favorite part.