Recipe by LAURIE
Another "different" cheesecake flavor but pretty for your table and very yummy. Can also be made in 2 9-inch pans and baked for 40-45 minutes.
- 1 (18 ounce) package strawberry cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1 (2 5/8 ounce) envelope Dream Whip, prepared
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Reserve 1 cup dry cake mix.
- Combine remaining cake mix, 1 egg, and oil in large bowl, mixing until crumbly.
- Press crust in bottom and up sides of a greased 13x9 pan.
- In same bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar.
- Add 3 eggs and cake mix.
- beat 1 minute at medium.
- At low add milk and lemon juice and food color, beating until smooth.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 300°F for 45-55 minutes until center is firm.
- Cool and spread with topping, garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Chill before serving.