Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Lighter version, not too rich.
- 250 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 150 g natural yoghurt
- 150 g strawberries (mashed 80g and diced the remaining)
- 1 egg (separate the yolk and white)
- 150 g digestive biscuits (crushed til fine)
- 60 g butter
- 90 g fine sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 30 ml water
- Melting the butter by using the double-boiled method.
- Mix the butter( in liquid form) together with the crushed digetive biscuits.
- Spread the paste onto a mould and compress it to form a base for the cheesecake. Place the mould into the freezer to harden it.
- Mashed 80g of the strawberries until it becom puree. Then diced the remaining 70g.
- Separete the egg yolk and egg white.
- Beat the cream cheese til soft, add in the yoghurt and mix well.
- Mix the gelatine with 30ml of water and double boil to melt it.
- Add in the egg yolk and 70g of sugar and mix well. Add in the mashed strawberries and gelatine.
- Whisk the egg white until firm and add in the remaining sugar and whisk again.
- Fold in the mixture, whisked egg white and the diced strawberries and mix well.
- Remove the mould from freezer and pour in the mixture.
- Place the mould into the freezer again for about 3 hours. ( depends on individual fridge, you can also place the mould into the chilling compartment in the fridge and leave it overnight.).
- Ready to serve!