Recipe by Tisme
I had forgotten about this recipe I used to make it a lot and then going through some old recipe magazines found it once again. So I don't loose it I am posting it on here. This is a great easy dessert which my family loves, and we are now enjoying quite often again since finding this recipe. So if you love your strawberries & cheesecake you will love this. Time includes setting time.
- 250 g unibic ladyfingers
- 1 cup apple juice
- 500 g softened cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 large lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 3 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 300 ml lightly whipped pouring cream
- 375 g hulled small strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 5.5cm deep, 22cm (base) springform cake pan. Dip biscuits, 1 biscuit at a time, into apple juice. Use dipped biscuits to line the base of pan, cutting to fit.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind until smooth.
- Heat lemon juice and gelatin in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a fork until dissolved. Set aside to cool. NOTE~ gelatin and cream cheese mixtures must be at the same temperature before combining.
- Using mixer on low, beat gelatin into cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in cream, mixing until combined.
- Spoon filling over base and smooth surface. Refrigerate cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight until set.
- Arrange strawberries, pointed end up, over cheesecake.
- Warm jam in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl for 45 to 60 seconds on HIGH 100%.
- Strain through a sieve and drizzle warm jam over strawberries.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until jam sets. Serve.