Recipe by Bev
Beautiful, light and tasty! From Cooking Light Magazine.
Top Review by Linda Graham
there were 7 of us at dinner, two of us liked the salad, 2 could not eat it(didn't like it at all) and 3 ate it cause they liked the feta cheese. It is a beautiful looking salad, presentation is wonderful but I won't be making it again.
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled Stilton cheese or 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 4 slices French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a jar, reserving liquid.
- Set strawberries aside.
- Add oil and water to jar.
- Cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Arrange 1 cup greens on each of 4 salad plates.
- Top with 1/2 cup berries, 2 teaspoons dressing, and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Serve with French bread.