Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of USA Rice Federation. Rum extract can be used in place of the Rum.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed and stemmed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped and divided
- Slice strawberries, reserving 8 for garnish.
- Sprinkle sliced strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar and juice from lime. Set aside.
- Bring rice, milk, salt and remaining 1/2 cup sugar to a boil in heavy saucepan. Stir once or twice, reduce heat, cover, simmer 25 minutes, stirring, or until rice is tender and milk is almost absorbed. Add vanilla and rum. Cool.
- Fold in sliced strawberries and 1 1/2 cup whipped cream.
- Spoon pudding into serving dishes.
- Top each with reserved whipped cream and a strawberry.