1/2 Photos of Strawberries and Cream Bread Pudding
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Created this recipe so hubby could eat fresh strawberries in bread pudding which cuts the acidity down. Serve hot or cold with whipped topping or ice cream. This recipe can be cut in half if desired
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 slices dry hard honey-wheat bread or 10 slices of dry hard whole grain bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4-1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups sliced frozen strawberries, drained (optional)
- Pam cooking spray
- 1Lay out 10 slices of bread on board. Usually overnight until it is dry and hard.
- 2Break into two or three inch pieces. Set aside.
- 3In medium mixing bowl add eggs, milk, vanilla and salt. Wisk to whip and mix.
- 4In large mixing bowl add cream cheese and sugar. Mix well.
- 5Add egg milk mixture a little at a time until cream cheese and egg milk mixture is totally mixed.
- 6Fold in 2 cups sliced strawberries, reserving 1/2 cup for the top.
- 7Add the hard bread pieces and mix.
- 8Preheat oven 350*.
- 9Spray Pam into two quart casserole.
- 10Put mixed bread mixture in casserole.
- 11Sprinkle 1/2 cup reserved strawberries on top.
- 12Bake 40 to 50 minutes, covered.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberries and Cream Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.3
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 128.5 mg
- Sodium 287.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: