Coconut Cream Pudding with Ginger Crust
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is sooo good and easy. Just wait to try this combination of flavours.
- Ready In:
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafer
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Melt butter over low heat and stir in ginger and vanilla wafers.
- Reserve 3 tsps of crumb mixture.
- Press remainder in a 9 inch pie plate and chill while pudding is being made.
- Combine cornstarch and sugar; add 1 cup half and half, and whisk until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Stir in remaining half and half and bring to boil over medium heat, whisking, and cook 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and coconut.
- Transfer to a metal bowl set in a larger bowl of ice and water.
- Stir until completely cooled and pour into crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs over.
- Chill for 20 minutes before serving (pudding will be soft).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is absolutely fabulous! I wasn't sure at first how much I would like the uncooked coconut in the pudding, but it provides a wonderful contrast of texture. This was very much enjoyed at my home. Just wanted to add that it took me almost 10 minutes to get my pudding to the boiling point, but that may be my finnicky oven. Thanks.2Reply