Recipe by dround
This is the ultimate Garlic Chicken Liver recipe. Simple, quick, minimal ingredients. Stolen from my local Italian restaurant after two weeks working there as a dish washer just to get the recipe. They've retired now so I don't think they'll mind me divulging their secret!
Top Review by ajchaves7
Ive always hated liver with a passion and could not eat it. But, this recipe took me by surprise. Great, quick, easy recipe. I was hesitant about the RAW garlic, but it fit perfectly. Highly suggest trying this recipe. Its so easy to make that its at least worth trying.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken liver
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, trim and dry the Chicken Livers.
- DRY fry them, NO OIL, in a frying pan, for three or four minutes until cooked through.
- Whilst still on the cooker add the oil, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Stir once gently to mix.
- Serve immediately into a single portion dish and sprinkle liberally with chopped garlic, the more the better.
- The dry fry technique prevents the liver from browning and keeps it tender enough to melt in your mouth.
- Don't use Virgin Olive oil, the Greeks and Italians only use that for salads and dressings, very rarely for cooking.
- Bon Appetite!