1/6 Photos of Stolen Garlic Chicken Livers
Chef #194937's Note:
This is the ultimate Garlic Chicken Liver recipe. Simple, quick, minimal ingredients. Stolen from my local Italian restaurant after two weeks working there as a dish washer just to get the recipe. They've retired now so I don't think they'll mind me divulging their secret!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, trim and dry the Chicken Livers.
- 2DRY fry them, NO OIL, in a frying pan, for three or four minutes until cooked through.
- 3Whilst still on the cooker add the oil, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- 4Stir once gently to mix.
- 5Serve immediately into a single portion dish and sprinkle liberally with chopped garlic, the more the better.
- 6The dry fry technique prevents the liver from browning and keeps it tender enough to melt in your mouth.
- 7Don't use Virgin Olive oil, the Greeks and Italians only use that for salads and dressings, very rarely for cooking.
- 8Bon Appetite!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stolen Garlic Chicken Livers
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.7
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 782.4 mg
- Sodium 1325.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 38.9 g