Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the ultimate Garlic Chicken Liver recipe. Simple, quick, minimal ingredients. Stolen from my local Italian restaurant after two weeks working there as a dish washer just to get the recipe. They've retired now so I don't think they'll mind me divulging their secret!
- 1⁄2 lb chicken liver
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- Wash, trim and dry the Chicken Livers.
- DRY fry them, NO OIL, in a frying pan, for three or four minutes until cooked through.
- Whilst still on the cooker add the oil, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Stir once gently to mix.
- Serve immediately into a single portion dish and sprinkle liberally with chopped garlic, the more the better.
- The dry fry technique prevents the liver from browning and keeps it tender enough to melt in your mouth.
- Don't use Virgin Olive oil, the Greeks and Italians only use that for salads and dressings, very rarely for cooking.
- Bon Appetite!
Ive always hated liver with a passion and could not eat it. But, this recipe took me by surprise. Great, quick, easy recipe. I was hesitant about the RAW garlic, but it fit perfectly. Highly suggest trying this recipe. Its so easy to make that its at least worth trying.
This is the 2nd time I am making your "stolen" recipe and the 2nd time I absolutely LOVE it! I am not a fan of liver, but like others who have posted, I am trying to find new ways to like liver because I am anemic, my diet is very limited in iron rich foods because of the weight loss surgery I had 22yrs ago. For that reason also, I need foods that are tender and easy to digest. I get almost no red meat or raw veggies in my diet at all, so I fight being low on my Iron all the time. This recipe has truly made a chicken liver LOVER out of me & is quickly becoming part of my regular diet! Thank you SO much for stealing this from the rich & sharing it with the (iron) poor, Mr Robin Hood of the culinary world! ~lol~
Great recipe, made exactly as described.