Deep Fried Chicken Livers
photo by Apryl P.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken liver, rinsed and well drained
Milk Egg Wash
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Dip chicken livers in milk-egg wash (blended together).
- Roll or toss in seasoned flour; shake off excess.
- Preheat oil to 375F and deep fry around 7 minutes or until done.
- The remaining milk-egg wash and seasoned flour are good for cut up chicken, cooked by your favorite method (panfried or ovenfried).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was delicious and had lots of flavour. I used 1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs and 1/2 cup flour combined for the coating. I also used the same recipe for chicken gizzards and it was awesome. One warning - The chicken livers spatter a lot so make sure you have a screen if you’re using a frying pan. I got quite a bad burn from the hot oil. Ouch!!