Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil or 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 lb zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons regular soy sauce or 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Stir-fry onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and brown sugar.
- Stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add water and soy sauce and continue to cook about 5 minutes more or just until zucchini is tender.
This was very good! I let mine cook a little longer than I had intended, so it was not crisp-tender, so next time I will follow the recipe more closely. I used a mix of yellow squash and zucchini, and I left out the onion. This was very good, and I will make it again! Thank you!
Very good (and easy) side dish. I made this as written and I think it was just a bit too much brown sugar for only 1lb of zucchini and 1 onion. Next time I would cut the amount of brown sugar in half, just so the sweetness is more subtle. Thanx for sharing!
This was an outstanding recipe! I was totally bored with my regular stir-fried zucchini, so I went looking for something that would be different. This was exactly what I was looking for! I used 1 tsp canola oil, 1 tsp sesame oil, and 2T brown sugar. The sugar, combined with the soy sauce, made a very tasty addition to the veggies. I'll definitely be making this recipe again. Thanks so much for posting, Dancer^!