Recipe by Cook Food Mood
A poor man's foie gra cooked Asian style. A tad spicy but the pepper does kick some flavor into the dish. Make sure you do not overcook this as chicken liver tastes best when it is slightly moist for that melt-in-the-mouth texture!
- 250 g chicken livers, cleaned and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 sprigs spring onions, cut into 2cm length
- 1 sprig coriander, cut into 2 cm length
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 slices young gingerroot
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken liver with soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and salt for at least 15 minute.
- Heat wok with oil and sesame oil. Fry garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add onions and saute for 1-2 minute.
- Add chicken livers and the marinade. Stir fry over fairly high heat. Toss quickly until the chicken liver loses its pink color.
- Add spring onion, coriander and stir briskly.
- Dish out and serve immediately!