Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
A nice appetizer or light lunch.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil (loosely packed)
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices Italian bread or 6 slices French bread, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick,toasted
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Saute the chicken until no longer pink; transfer chicken using a slotted spoon to a bowl; set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms, minced garlic, salt, and pepper for about 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Add the onion, chopped basil, tomatoes, and vinegar; cook for 1 minute or until heated.
- Add the parmesan cheese; stir to combine; remove from heat.
- Rub one side of each bread slice with the cut side of the garlic clove.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each bread slice.
- Top with the chicken mixture and serve warm.
- Garnish with shredded fresh basil leaves if desired.