1/1 Photo of Stir Fried Sirloin Steak W/ Brown Rice
Mims & Squims's Note:
I tried a stir fried beef recipe that turned out bland & boring. So I improvised, and this is the result. My husband requests it nearly every week and loves taking the leftovers for lunch. Note: rice is not included in prep/cook time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice fully before starting meat.
- 2Fill large saucepan with 4 c water & 2 c brown rice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, & simmer 50 minutes. Set aside.
- 3Trim fat from steak and cut into small, thin pieces.
- 4In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté garlic until garlic is golden.
- 5Add steak, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring beef until brown.
- 6Add onion and tomato. Cook until onion is transparent. Stir in rice until well mixed.
- 7Note: My husband hates onions, but loves the flavor they do give this dish. To appease him, I cook with the onions & remove them prior to adding the rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fried Sirloin Steak W/ Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.3
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 111.0 mg
- Sodium 197.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 39.7 g