1/2 Photos of Stir-Fried Scallops With Asparagus
Julie B's Hive's Note:
Frozen scallops are acceptable for dish if fresh are not available. Remove the shells first if you are using fresh in the Chinese dish. Cook time includes 20-minute standing time. From Ethnic Cuisine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g shucked scallops
- 9.85 ml salt
- 226.79 g fresh asparagus spears
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil or 44.37 ml peanut oil or 44.37 ml sesame oil
- 56.69 g canned bamboo shoots, drained, rinsed, and julienned or 56.69 g fresh bamboo shoots, boiled in water for 30 minutes, drained and julienned
- 1 small carrot, finely sliced
- 4 slice fresh gingerroot
- 0.25 ml white pepper
- 29.58 ml shaoxing rice wine
- 29.58 ml chicken stock
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 1Sprinkle the scallops with half the salt. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- 2Trim the asparagus, discarding the tough ends. Cut into 2-inch pieces and blanch in a large pan of boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a preheated wok or deep pan over high heat. Add the scallops and stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove, drain on paper towels, set aside.
- 4Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok or pan over high heat. Add the ginger and stir-fry until fragrant. Return the scallops and vegetables to the pan and add the pepper, rice wine, and stock. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes, then toss through the sesame oil and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Scallops With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 1282.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 11.6 g