Nana Lee's Note:
Garnered from my friends on the rice cooker site. It looks so good and EASY! There's plenty of leaway to experiment with your preferences. Instead of the boullion I used beef broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (6 ounce) can whole mushrooms or 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large minced garlic clove
- 12 ounces pea pods
- cashew nuts (optional)
- 1Dissolve bouillon granules in boiling water, add soy sauce and cornstarch mixture, set aside.
- 2Drain bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- 3Preheat wok, on high and add oil.
- 4Stir fry garlic in hot oil for 30 seconds, being careful not to burn as this will produce a bitter flavor in the finished dish.
- 5Add bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, mushrooms and pea pods to wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in bouillon mixture and continue cooking until thickened and bubbly.
- 7Remove to serving platter and garnish with cashew nuts if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fried Pea Pods
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.2
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 466.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g