Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Garnered from my friends on the rice cooker site. It looks so good and EASY! There's plenty of leaway to experiment with your preferences. Instead of the boullion I used beef broth.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (6 ounce) can whole mushrooms or 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large minced garlic clove
- 12 ounces pea pods
- cashew nuts (optional)
- Dissolve bouillon granules in boiling water, add soy sauce and cornstarch mixture, set aside.
- Drain bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- Preheat wok, on high and add oil.
- Stir fry garlic in hot oil for 30 seconds, being careful not to burn as this will produce a bitter flavor in the finished dish.
- Add bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, mushrooms and pea pods to wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in bouillon mixture and continue cooking until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove to serving platter and garnish with cashew nuts if desired.