Recipe by Barb G.
This is a Very Good Stir-Fry Green Beans Recipe for Diabetics, But, can be used by anyone.The recipe comes from Splenda.
Top Review by Miraklegirl
These were absolutely delicious! I used a chopped shallot in place of the ginger and scallions (none on hand) and chicken broth in place of the water when stir frying. The sauce was thick and tasty. I sprinkled toasted sesame seeds over the whole thing before serving and served with sweet and sour chicken and steamed rice. Great meal!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, minced (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir-Fry Sauce: Combine the stir-fry sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Stir- Fry: In a large skillet or wok.
- Heat the oil and stir-fry the green beans,until they are barely crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add water and continue stir-frying for another 2 minutes, until the beans are crisp-tender and the water has evaporated.
- Add the sauce and continue stir-frying for 5 or 6 more minutes.
- Until the beans are tender,BUT, not over cooked.
- Serve immediately.