Recipe by Bergy
Broccoli and beef just seem to go together. This recipe with garlic just enriches the flavor
Top Review by Graybert
Absolutely wonderful!! I used Golden Lantern garlic flavoured Wok oil to stir fry this. I also added some cauliflower - WOW!! This is great - the meat is tender and the veggies come out crisp! I wasn't sure when to add the soya sauce - so I added it at the end with the final toss. As well, I found that I only needed 2 Tbsp of oil for the entire process. This is a keeper - I will make this again!!
- 1 lb round steak, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons medium sherry (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil (or other oil)
- 3⁄4 lb broccoli, cut into small flowerettes
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 4 green onions, cut into 1" lengths
- 1 1⁄2 cups small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or a bit more)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the steak very thinly, the easiest way to do this is to have it half frozen when you slice it.
- Put sliced steak in a bowl with the sherry, soy sauce and the cornstarch, and a little salt, let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Put 2 tbsp oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic, stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- add mushrooms stir fry 2 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm.
- put 2 tbsp of oil in the skillet and stir fry the beef until nicely browned, remove and keep warm.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and stir fry the green onions for 1 min, remove and keep warm.
- Pour in the chicken stock, heat to bubbling add Broccoli cover and steam for 3- 4 minutes.
- remove lid and put all the ingredient together.
- Heat through but do not over cook.
- Serve over rice or noodles.