Another one from Diabetes Forecast. Serving size 1 cup; Vegetable Exchanges 2: Lean Meat Exchanges 3
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup carrot, peeled, sliced diagoally
- 2 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided or 2 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 scallions, white part only, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste with garlic (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1In a pot of boiling water add the cauliflower and carrots. Turn off the heat and let the vegetables stand for about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2Combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well to dissolve he cornstarch or arrowroot. Set aside.
- 3In a large wok or heavy skillet, heat half the oil over high heat.
- 4Swirl the oil around to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic, ginger and scallions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and continue to stir-fry for 4 or 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 5Add the cauliflower and carrots and continue to stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes to coat the vegetables with the garlic mixture.
- 6Give the sauce another quick stir and add to the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until sauce coats everything and is slightly thickened.
- 7Garnish with peanuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Chicken With Cauliflower and Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.9
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 335.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth