Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another one from Diabetes Forecast. Serving size 1 cup; Vegetable Exchanges 2: Lean Meat Exchanges 3
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup carrot, peeled, sliced diagoally
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 scallions, white part only, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄3 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste with garlic (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a pot of boiling water add the cauliflower and carrots. Turn off the heat and let the vegetables stand for about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well to dissolve he cornstarch or arrowroot. Set aside.
- In a large wok or heavy skillet, heat half the oil over high heat.
- Swirl the oil around to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic, ginger and scallions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and continue to stir-fry for 4 or 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cauliflower and carrots and continue to stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes to coat the vegetables with the garlic mixture.
- Give the sauce another quick stir and add to the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until sauce coats everything and is slightly thickened.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve.